When the Dignity in Care campaign began in November 2006, the aim was to inspire health & social care staff and local people to place dignity and compassion at the heart of care services, and in their communities. Eleven years on and an army of over 86,000 Dignity Champions are all doing their bit to make a difference in peoples’ lives.
Over the years we have celebrated the achievements of these Champions in many ways and Dignity Action Day has been one of the ways we have showcased what is being achieved. However in these times of austerity we are now asking Champions to step up and raise funds to help run the campaign.
Your opportunity to have fun
Dancing for Dignity is the opportunity for you to have fun, whilst raising money to support our campaign. The event can be anything from holding a tea dance in an afternoon, to a marathon event that occurs over a number of hours.
You can raise funds by
- having a collection
- getting sponsorship
- ‘selling’ tickets.
Whatever you can do it will be much appreciated and quote a well known phrase, “every little helps”.
As someone either working on the frontline of health & social care, or closely involved in a voluntary capacity, or who believes in the importance of dignity, you are in a position, through your own actions, to champion dignity as being fundamental to a person’s experience.
So please organize a Dancing for Dignity activity and help raise the funds that will support our campaign.
You can do almost anything!
Supporting Dancing for Dignity will:
- Remind society that Dignity is everybody’s business
- Raise awareness of the importance of Dignity in all walks of life and particularly in Care and Support settings.
- Give someone in you care about an extra special day
- Be part of a national celebration and demonstrate solidarity for the Dignity campaign.
- Ensure with thought that everyone can get involved and have fun as well as demonstrating your commitment to Dignity.
Dancing for Dignity materials including posters, leaflets and cards are all available to download free from the website.