This toolkit aims to equip home care providers with everything they need to write and review policies and procedures for protecting vulnerable adults from harm.
It contains information on:
- The nature of abuse, and how it is defined;
- National guidance on adult protection by all four UK administrations;
- Regulatory requirements on dealing with abuse in domiciliary care;
- Processes for keeping abusers out of the social care workforce;
- Issues surrounding the management of finances, whistleblowing and confidentiality;
- Training including induction and supervision.
All of the above provides an important context for developing and reflecting on adult protection policies and procedures.
The toolkit then moves on to suggest:
- what an organisation's policies and procedures should contain;
- how to define responsibilities within the organisation;
- a suggested process to follow in responding to an allegation of abuse.