Representatives from health, social care and voluntary organisations committed to the Carers agenda will meet together on 19 March 2010 for what promises to be a stimulating day of talks and workshops.
Plenary sessions include "A personal perspective - the Carers voice", "Making the difference for Carers through Local leadership", "Big Issues for Carers and Carers Leaders Now and in the Future", "Every Young Carer Matters - a personal perspective", and "Regional collaborative discussions to take key actions forward"
Workshops will focus on toolkits for local issues, and include:
- Carers and Employment, Training and Skills
- Carers and Co-production
- The Carers Experience : Capturing Outcomes
- Think Family and Young Carers
- Primary Health and Carers
- Supporting Diverse and 'Hidden' Carers
- Supporting Carers in Rural areas
- Dignity and Respect for Carers
The theme of Dignity will be threaded throughout the day,
Invites to the conference were structured to ensure lots of participation from carers and carers organisations. Some places are still available, if you would like to attend, please call Holly Daniels on 01206 287541 or email email@example.com. However, I will signpost people to the conference write-up in due course.