This government response to this report details the 6 commitments that the government has made to the public to end variation in end of life care across the health system by 2020.
- honest discussions between care professionals and dying people
- dying people making informed choices about their care
- personalised care plans for all
- the discussion of personalised care plans with care professionals
- the involvement of family and carers in dying people's care
- a main contact so dying people and their families know who to contact at any time