PEACH invites all those working in Social Care, policy makers and other interested stakeholders to their free one-day workshop on dignity.
"Promoting Excellence in All Care Homes (PEACH)"is a free one day event for those working in Social Care, policy makers and other interested stakeholders.
We would be delighted if you, or someone you would like to nominate from your organisation were able to attend.
Funded by the Department of Health, this study is part of the PANICOA programme a joint-funded research initiative between the Department of Health and Comic Relief which is designed to enhance the dignity of older people in institutional settings.
The project objectives are to:
- Identify positive and negative factors in relation to abuse, neglect & dignified care.
- Explore the views & experiences of the care home sector & its workforce in relation to good practice, training, job satisfaction & wellbeing.
- Determine the organisational, personal, & practice contexts which impact on care standards and delivery.
- Develop and pilot an evidence-based training package.
- Make recommendations for policy development, training & regulation in care homes.
The study methods include carrying out observation of care and interviews with care home staff, managers, owners and relatives and residents within 8 diverse care homes.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together policy makers, those working in the care home sector and other interested parties to discuss the emergent themes and discuss the draft training package and explore potential solutions to the challenges faced in ensuring excellence in the care of older people.
The workshops are free, however failure to attend once the booking is confirmed will incur a fee of £35.00 to cover the cost of non-attendance. There has been considerable interest in the workshops and places are limited. Attached is an outline programme and if you would like to attend or nominate someone, please complete the attached form and return to email@example.com
Dr Win Tadd