Updated on 05/02/2013
The purpose of the statement is to specify the information that the Secretary of State for Health acting through the Department of Health acting by its section called Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE), Fifth floor, 2-4 Cockspur Street, LONDON,
SW1Y 5BH collects through this website and to explain what it does with the information it collects.
(1) This statement applies to everybody who visits this website and not just to those who register for the SCIE newsletter and other services ("Registered Users").
(2) Registered Users also agree to additional conditions set out below as Registration Conditions that are to be read with this statement.
3. Data Collected
(1) The information collected through this site is that supplied by the Registered Users upon registration and through using SCIE services.
(2) Such data are collected, held and processed for the following purposes:
(a) developing capacity and capability locally to achieve improvements in the delivery of health and social care;
(b) supporting policy implementation in relation to health and social care;
(c) supporting the development of health and social care policy; and
(d) dealing with Registered Users' enquiries and correspondence with a Registered User.
(3) SCIE does not yet collect cookies.
4. The Website
The Website is maintained at
Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE)
2-4 Cockspur Street
5. Subject Access
Subject access requests under the Data Protection Act 1998 and other enquiries may be addressed to SCIE at the above address.
SCIE reserves the right to add to or modify this statement from time to time.