Where You Are: Homepage
Dignity in Care network
Led by the National Dignity Council, Dignity Champions form part of a nationwide network of over 40,000 individuals and organisations who work to put dignity and respect at the heart of UK care services to enable a positive experience of care.
- Dignity Champion's Toolkit for Action
These pages give you quick ideas of what you can do as a dignity champion
- Dignity Good Practice Framework
This page takes you to a framework where you can find ideas that other dignity champions have tried & tested.
- Useful resources for champions
This page contains all the materials and resources developed for the campaign to help champions in their role
- The Dignity in Practice SCIE guide
This guide contains a wealth of information, advice and other resources to help support organisations to drive up standards of dignity in care.
- Dignity Champions Action Packs
The Dignity Champions Action Packs have been produced to equip Dignity Champions with useful guidance on specific areas of care/legislation. They demonstrate how you can take personal responsibility and play your part in making a difference to someones care experience.
Latest Dignity in Care network News
- Dementia 2013: The hidden voice of loneliness
The Alzheimer's Society's annual report, providing a snapshot of how well people are living with dementia, what support they are receiving, and what barriers they face.
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS)
A new report from the CQC reveals that the Mental Capacity Act is not well understood.
- The National Dignity Council responds to the CQC's Time to listen in NHS hospitals and care homes: Dignity and nutrition inspection reports
The National Dignity Council welcomes the follow up reviews from the CQC into the care provided to older people in NHS hospitals and care homes. The reviews focus on whether people are treated with dignity and receive the nutrition they require.
- Age UK shares their experiences of Dignity Action Day 2013
The first of February marked Dignity Action Day, an annual opportunity for health and social care professionals and members of the public to raise awareness of people's rights to dignity...
- Dignity Action Day 2013 round up